Monday, April 2, 2012

Exactly one month left !!

^^ EEEEEK to that ! ! and so so so much more to do ! And I'm taking an early release to take a spring class at Grand Valley starting May 8th so my stay will be cut even shorter unfortunately :(

But everything has still been great here!  I literally could write at least 3 more blogs right now for everything that's happened. (parents coming, tour I went on, volunteering at a kid's resort with life-threatening diseases, etc.)


I continue to make lists of activities I want to do here before I leave.  The problem is that the list just keeps on piling up and the days keep getting shorter and shorter!  Mostly what happens is that I work 5 days a week and have 2 days off.  My one day off I will use to catch up on laundry, blogging, grocery shopping, and errand-y stuff.  The other day I will use as my "fun" day.  So realistically, if I'm working the 3-11:30pm shift and don't go to bed till 2 or 3am, you can see where I don't have much time for funzies.


Because of this, I am already interested and looking into fitness internships.  There is a small gym here for cast members along with classes, programs, etc. that any cast member can participate in.  I saw that there are opening for internships for 6-month periods.  I first want to go back to school and finish my degree since I only have one full semester left and an internship.  However, after that, I will be graduated in May and the internships are from June-January.  I thought this honestly would be PERFECT.  

Why?  In a summary, I thought that missing out on all the holidays with my family would have been sad and lonesome.  But who was I kidding?!? THIS IS WALT DISNEY WORLD! They have parades and fireworks and famous people coming ALL THE TIME!  I was looking at my friend who did the June-January this past year and she can't stop talking about how much she loved all the carolers and Christmas festivities.  It's like going to a huge carnival every day, but since there are so many holidays, and huge holidays at that, Disney goes crazy!  Everything looks way different than even before!  They have special ticketed events, special characters, and parties just for the holidays that I'm jealous I missed. Also, I will be coming right out of graduating, doing something towards my career, being able to see what Florida is like year-round (since I got this half of it done!), be in a wayy different environment, and boost my resume.  Therefore, I may be doing a blog round 2 in a year if God wants me to be here again!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in a blog or not, but I have been asked multiple times if I would want to move here permanently.  The answer is a big resounding NO.  As much as I do love the atmosphere, I do really love Michigan.  Everyone complains all the time about the weather and how it's so unpredictable but that's what I like about it!  We have all 4 seasons.  It's absolutely gorgeous when the flowers come out in the spring.  Following, our summer is just the right length and right warmth.  Then we get to see the beautiful leaves turn colors, start to fall, go to apple orchards, get into "fall" colors, and breath in that autumn air.  Lastly, yes our winters can be rough, but of course "can" is the key word as this winter there was practically NONE! (or so I've heard!)  I do miss the snow angels I can make and watching the snow fall outside my apartment.  And my hot chocolate!! (which I still have here and people think I'm crazy).  Of course I don't miss when my face is so cold from the winter I turn red and my hands turn purple.  There are downfalls everywhere.  But all in all, everything I know is in Michigan. I love Florida, but not as much as I love Michigan.  Most Michiganders move to Florida because they hate the snow, but already seeing that I'm getting 8 months of summer weather this year, I have a preview of what it would look like to live here: over 90+ degree weather with 100% humidity in the summer, lizards and snakes out all the time, etc.. not too ideal for me.

Moving on,
I have had lots of visitors come see me this month!!!

My beautiful friend Allison came with her family!


My family !
Steve SO excited for the new Toy Story ride. Typical picture.
My aunt and I at the Polynesian :)






With that said, I've been super busy! I absolutely loved everyone visiting, but it was more tiring than I thought!  When my aunt came for a week, and then my parents after, it seemed I never slowed down.  I had a pedometer here and we calculated how much we walked in the parks out of curiosity.  A few examples: 15,790 steps one day and 7.3 miles, 24,712 steps and 11.3 miles another day, etc.  I took my family to Magic Kingdom their first day since it had extra magic hours (meaning longer parks hours) so we were there from 11am-1am.  14 hours in the park.. let's just say they were a little tired .. ! (but we got everything done!!)
I have more funny videos of just them when they came but that will be the next blog. 

When my aunt was here we went to Seaworld! I hadn't been there in years so I was excited to see all my cute little animals and my dolphins!! The ticket also let you go in a second time for free within 14 days so I went once again with my roommate, Ashley.

I cut them into 2 videos because it would have been pretty lengthy.  I keep surprising myself at how long it takes to edit all these videos and they still aren't the best!

I'm sure you all will love the opening video..






Until next time, when Steve will be the star of my next blog.  Obviously..you won't want to miss out.




No comments:

Post a Comment