Monday, April 16, 2012

Family!

Soo everything still has been lovely here!

My family came almost a month ago, but just now have I gotten everything together! 

Here is a raw snip-it of our week. Pictures will be uploaded to Facebook soon. Enjoy Steven...
I love him.
 
  

We also saw Cirque du Soleli on one of the nights and it was BY FAR the best performance I've ever seen in my life. I couldn't take my eyes off of the acrobats. You weren't supposed to take snapshots or videos because of copyright purposes, however I sneakily did. This is all I had taken before one of the ushers told me to put my camera away.. oopsies! ;-0 


This showing was particularly special.  This show, called La Nouba, exclusively only appears in Orlando in Downtown Disney.  It does not move and you can see it nowhere else.  Because of that, I liked it even more!  Now I want to go see Cirque du Soleli everywhere else since they will all be different.  This was only about half the show, and of course the 2nd half was even better than the first, but here are just some examples.




I finally realized that I will certainly not be checking off everything I wanted to do here.  I only have 1 1/2 weeks of actually working because.. I'm going on a cruise!!!  I'm very, very excited.  I went on the Wonder in 2001 when I was a wittle baby so I obviously don't remember it that much except from the pictures. 


My roommate's 21'st birthday is April 23rd, and the ship cruises the 25th!  What a great birthday present to her!  She has never been on a cruise and she even asked me how much food was going to cost! I just laughed, because obviously it's included on the cruise. I got a great discount on it and it's the Magic (the Wonder's sister ship), therefore it will be fun to compare the 2 of what I remember.  And hey, you only live once, right???
 
I also went on a 5-hour "Keys of the Kingdom" tour at Magic Kingdom since I had half off the tour price as well.  OH MY GOODNESS did I learn a WHOLE bunch!! The next blog will definitely be about that and if you want to learn the "in's and out's" of Disney, then be sure to read that.  I learned all about how they do the special effects in the Haunted Mansion, how the Jungle Cruise came about, and the history into making the certain lands in Disney.  I thought it'd be silly to take a tour here since I work here, however, I learned more in that 5 hours than I did when I first started here!  I have a much greater appreciation for Magic Kingdom, as it's not just a "play place" and where only families go with their kids.  It's actually very intriguing to learn the thought process and how many people it actually took to make it all possible.


I'll blog on that later, take care everyone! Go Wings! :)

 
Steven just showed me this video clip.  It looks unique and fun, but realistically, it is the most illogical idea ever in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment