Friday, August 9, 2013

There's really no reason to ever shower...

because you seriously just sweat so much. Being in the comfort of my own cockroach-filled apartment is the only time I do not sweat. Wake up, get in car: sweat. Walk into work: sweat. Workout: sweat. Get home from work: sweat. Go to the parks: sweat, sweat, sweat. And repeat.

I saw another girl use this image on her blog. I'd steal it, but then I'd feel guilty about it.

So the past 2 weeks have been quite interesting as I was without a phone for quite some time. I had no phone throughout the entire time. I expained it before as my phone being dehydrated and so thirsty from the heat that it belly-flopped into my roommate's "soda". Thankfully, it has gotten much, much better. So if you're reading this, and I don't have your number yet, please text me! :)

Not too much has changed- It storms every single day but I LOVE it! It is so refreshing (of course unless you get stuck in it!) I try to go to the parks (Universal included) every few days and once on the weekend but when we are there we still spend at least a good 5 hours+ there! I love all technology (probably a bit too much!) and I got a fitness tracker called a FitBit. It basically tracks how many calories you burn in a day, steps taken, stairs climbed, sleep, etc.! I love it! I used to have the BodyBugg like on The Biggest Loser, but then you had to pay monthly to be able to see your results and that is not worth it. So when I came across this and that it's free after you buy it, I instantly wanted one! (Of course I had to get my favorite color, too!)

Anyways, with that being said, I see how much we walk in the parks and it's a good 3-5 miles each time! Think how big those parks are! I forget so often that instead of just going to the parks to have fun, you are secretly exercising as well! Sure, it's not vigorous, but you know I'd be sitting at home plopped up on that couch if I wasn't at a park! So I find that very intriguing. If anyone has any questions about the FitBit, feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me at swaner@mail.gvsu.edu. I feel like I should almost pay to be an advertiser of theirs!

I definitely take pictures every time I go to the park. Even if it's one picture, I will make sure I take one. I've been keeping track of how many rides I've gone on and how many times to the parks themselves so at the end I can see for fun what my totals are! I started it last year but then slacked. I am taking WAY too many pictures. It seems almost 50 pictures each time I'm at a park since there's always something new I haven't seen or characters who are cute. I'm glad since I can filter through them all later, but I'm pretty sure my scrapbook won't be done for another 10 years.


And some more fun facts- a guy posted this on one of our Facebook groups of the numbers that were accepted for the program I did last year and got accepted into this year as well.. Talk about mind-blown!!

So sorry I have been awful at posting. I originally wanted to have a weekly posting, but seeing how hectic things are, I'm just trying to as often as time allows! Hope everyone is enjoying the updates so far! I only have about 192, 293, 298 pictures so far aka 13 years of scrapbooking.....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment