Friday, January 6, 2012

4 Days until check-in!!

ALMOST THERE!
Just starting to put things all together... so overwhelming! 

There is just ..


                              



Seems like I have been waiting for this week to come since senior year of high school when I first learned about it ..! ... oh wait, I have !!  :) 
  
So, a few bagillion people have asked me why I'm going and what's up with my schooling, and I'm sure plenty more will be when I come back.  So let me just lay it all out there for ya.

Point uno: My major is Exercise Science with a Health/Fitness emphasis that requires 5 core classes, each with a pre-requisite course.  The class that I needed to take next for this winter was full, therefore, even if I stayed here to continue schooling, I still would not be able to take the one class that would advance me.  Essentially, the same spot as if I didn't do Disney.  Because of this, I will be taking an early release from Disney 4 or so days early and moving back right into my apartment to take the class since it is offered in our spring semester.  So I will still be right where I should be.  ;)

Point dos: I took spring/summer courses every year that has allowed me to take a semester off.  I will not be taking any classes through Grand Valley or through Disney.  Since I am already ahead, there are no classes for me to take so I'm basically just going to take a semester off school, work a ton, and hug Mickey a lot !  There are some "seminar" based classes that I am definitely interested in they offer.  These are classes that are completely free for cast members, and are only a few hours on a given night.  The topic could range from anything Disney whatsoever- from animation, to the movies, to show how they made the parks, or history of Walt and his brother Roy.  I love learning the fun facts and behind-the-scenes so I'm very interested in those!

Point tres: I found a subleaser thankfully! So that was a huge relief! Her name is Shanell, and wants to leave as soon as the semester is done, which works out perfectly for me to be there for my spring class. Oh, and not to mention, she is saving me over $1500 ! Yay Shanell!

Point quatro: Ever since I heard about it senior year of high school, I knew for sure I wanted to do it.  It was just a matter of when and how.  I was debating the options between doing it fall or winter semester.  I thought, "Hmm..by doing it in fall I will miss my birthday (Sept 18), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's".  Essentially one big event every month.  Now looking back at it, I thought it would have been even MORE fun to do it then! Yes, it would be out of the ordinary to be all those holidays without my family, but they have such HUGE extravagant events! I have a few friends there that did it in the fall and looking at their pictures of all the scary houses for Halloween and the humongous Christmas lights put up made me a wee bit jealous I didn't do it then.  But this way I will only miss Easter, Steve's 23rd birthday (does that even count??), and spring break, which helloooo spring break everyone's coming to me!! (no..but really.. ;D)


Now that that is settled, here is my oh-so-slight progress:
                               

                                      

Next blog will be from my new apartment, and showing the palm trees overlooking the pool!! :)

All I have to do is get through this 3-day journey of long car rides, sadness when all my electronics die 3 hours in, and car-sickness from mom's driving. #doable

Goal for next blog: To talk slower and clearer during videos, and in person for that matter, create a more appealing and mature look to texts inserted instead of using 5th grade jargon by putting explanation points before words (i.e. !!!AWESOME!!), and to have some sort of Disney memorabilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment