Saturday, January 14, 2012

In the words of McDonald's ..

I'm LOOOOVIN' it!!

Wowwwwza! What an experience already! And it's not even been a week yet! 


First of all, I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have such nice and supporting friends! So many people have told me they're looking forward to my blogs coming up, which I had no idea people would be that interested! So thank you! Puts a smile on my face :)


So here it is:

Wednesday I checked in.  I was actually super surprised at how smoothly the line was going.  They have over 7,000 employees, but I assumed they figured out the most precise way! Got there only an hour early and just went through lines and more lines of getting all the information and housing settled.  Parents were given a tour at this time and just waited ever so patiently.  Then we were automatically shipped off to turn in alllll our paperwork.  And boy, there was a lot.  Got fingerprinted and failed because my hands were clammy and wouldn't register.. but after about 30 minutes of that, I was finally free. Yada, yada, yada.

They don't tell you where you are going to be working at besides the general idea (merchandise, food and beverage, etc.), but not where or your location.  I was anticipating a park or the big Disney store or something like this, but I got to work in the gift shop in merchandising at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort!! Funny, but I told them on my phone interview that I would prefer a resort because I've heard amazing things about them from previous people who have done the program.  The interviewer said that the chances are really slim I would work in a resort because the people who work in resorts are either A) A hospitality major, B) have worked in a hotel before, or C) are a senior.  I was neither of those so I assumed I wouldn't be in a resort, but now am SUPER excited because I heard it's gorgeous there and haven't been there since I was real little.  (Plus, I think I wear an O-K outfit, where most of the outfits are nottt soo attractive as I will show pictures later..so that's a plus!) And it has it's own river cruise right next to it to downtown disney I believe !


Anywho, we get into our housing complex, which is called Patterson Court.  You could choose out of 3 complexes which you'd prefer to be at, by word of mouth and by seeing pictures, and this seemed like the best fit.  Even better, we got exactly the roommates that we wanted AND the perfect location.  The pool, front desk, and gym are literally in our backyard.  On the flip side, the laundry room building and garbage are in our frontyard.  Worked out lovely!  My parents were actually shown a tour of a different complex that was much smaller so they didn't think 1/4 of my stuff was gonna fit..but everything did, AND had room for more! :) ..(somehow!)

My roommates are all really fun!! There's no weirdos at all .. (unless I'm the weird one like in Dane Cook when he talks about Karen...;/), so everyone gets along real well.  They're from all over, and there are a variety of personalities too so it's fun!  Feel like I've known them for years.  More on them later.


Here is my recap video! It's a little longer, but it has multiple parts to it.




Here is my picture I got from him. 




I already have 92934928374 things I could add to this, but I want to make that into the next blog.  First day of actual working at the resort starts in the next couple days!!! YAY! :)


and.... I couldn't help myself.
Seriously, the last one of these. I promise. I couldn't resist! .. you'll see whyy!

                                                                                  



I don't wanna put my address on here for obvious reasons, so text or facebook me it if you want it ;)

My goal from the last blog: Failed.  No time and too much pressure to put stuff up!  At least I kinda added pretty borders in the movies.....and when I start working 30-40 hours a week, don't expect any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment